December news from Lighthouse

Merry Christmas from everyone at Lighthouse

Apprenticeship Levy facts

The Levy can only be used with England

You can be any age to benefit from Apprenticeship training.

The apprenticeship levy can only be used within England. Lighthouse are able to offer exactly the same training on a non funded basis for employees outside of England to ensure the same consistent training is delivered across organisations.

Employers who meet the threshold and have a payroll of more than £3 million pay a 0.5% levy on their total payroll.

If you are a non-levy paying employer you only need to pay 5% of an Apprenticeship programme and the government will fund the rest. This is called ‘co-investment’.

Employers can transfer up to 25% of their annual levy to other organisations.

There are over 600 Apprenticeship training programmes your Levy funding can be used for

If you have run out of Levy funding you can access the co-investment option. The government funds 95% of the programme and you pay the remaining 5%

Your levy funds sit in your DAS (Digital Apprenticeship Service) account.

We are happy to answer any of your Levy or training related questions.

Spotlight on Sally! 

A key member of the team whose primary objective at the Lighthouse team is to ensure no ball is left un-chased, caught, and on occasion completely devoured.

Sally is a 1-year-old Patterdale. Although she has no previous experience in her new position of ‘Bring a Smile to Member of Staff Consultant’, she excels in this role with everyone who encounters her. It’s not unknown for her to enthusiastically join in conversations with Mum, Gill, while on a Teams call.

Away from the office she can often been seen spending time with her extended cat family, going for long walks and snoozing on her favourite chair.

Apprenticeship programme results!

November brings more great results through the hard work of our delegates and the Lighthouse tutor team.

4 Distinctions
in the Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor

2 Distinctions
in Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager

Team Leader/ Supervisor Logo

Have you read ‘The future of the Apprenticeship Levy’  from the CMI?

Evidence suggests that apprenticeships are delivering productivity gains, helping businesses and public services to innovate, and transforming organisational cultures around learning and development.

See other posts

Tutor Team Quiz Night

Tutor Team Quiz Night

Our Tutor Team took part in an annual Quiz Night on Saturday, in aid of a local Girl Guide group. A great evening included fish and chips, cakes and...

read more

The Lighthouse Group

Unit 10 Riduna Park, Melton IP12 1QT

+44 (0) 333 323 9690

info@lighthouse-group.co.uk

Contact us

8 + 8 =